The Asia Pacific Clinical Nutrition Society is an affiliated body of the International Union of Nutritional Sciences (IUNS), established on 1981, Melbourne, Australia.
Possible activities of Asia Pacific Clinical Nutrition Society (APCNS) may include, but not be limited to, the following:
1) Promoting the education and training of clinical nutritionists and dieticians in the region.
2) Enhancing the practice of human nutrition and related disciplines in their application to health and the prevention of disease.
3) Providing a network of people who practice scientifically based clinical nutrition.
4) Curriculum development which will contribute to the academic and professional development (dieticians and nutritionists) of the Asia Pacific region.
5) Developing regional working parties to achieve standardization in nutrition assessment methodology, protocols for clinical management, ethical standards, and policies for practice.
6) Organizing regular scientific meetings in the Asia Pacific region including the “Asia Pacific Conference on Clinical Nutrition”.
7) Exchange of teaching, research, administrative and professional personnel relating to clinical nutrition.
8) Communicating advanced clinical nutrition research via the APCNS official journal “Asia Pacific Journal of Clinical Nutrition”.
9) Stimulating scientific inquiry into nutrition in medical practice in all of its dimensions, including preventive and management of diseases.
Copyright ：Asia Pacific Clinical Nutrition Society